Friday, January 1, 2010

Elephant Camp


Emma and Ben on the Elephant
Elephant painting
Emma and Ben on the elephant





We spent New Year's Day going to the Elephant Camp which was located about a hour outside of Chiang Mai in the countryside. What a beautiful area. It is truly in the jungle. Ben said this was the highlight of the trip. He loved riding the elephant. I must admit that I am glad that I rode the elephant, but I am not sure I want to do it again. It is pretty scary going up and down hills. The elephant is an amazing animal. They are so intelligent and talented. It sure was fun watching them.

2 comments:

  1. Debbie! Happy New Year! Looks like quite a change in weather from Fairbanks, looks like you are all having fun. I had to create a blog just to tell you that I've found you finally, I've been getting returned Christmas cards for 3 years now. Let's catch up! Love you, Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, Just thought you'd want to know- it's 36 below 0 in Fairbanks. Now does that hot, sweaty weather seem more tolerable? It was exciting to see that Rachel has found you.
    We're getting ready for the wedding now. Looks like you'll be going to the weekend market today! What fun that will be.
    I had a wonderful day yesterday. Spent the day with a friend. It was such fun until her cat tripped me as I was walking out the door and I fell for the first time in 18 months. Ouch! Really did hurt.
    Have enough fun for me today. Give everybody a hug! Love you, Mom (grandmother)

    ReplyDelete