Friday, January 8, 2010

Ao Nang and Phranang Cave Beach

Phranang Cave Beach
Phranang Cave Beach
Restaurant on the beach
Railey West Beach
View from the Phranang Cave Beach
Phranang Cave Beach
Jim on the beach before sunburn....

Hotel in Ao Nang (Somkiet Buri Resort) - very nice.....

Ao Nang Beach
Ao Nang Beach

Is there anything more to say.....it's beautiful here. In fact, it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The temperature of the water is perfect and very inviting after sitting in the sun which can get quite hot. We spent the day on Phranang Cave Beach which is a short longtail boat trip from Ao Nang beach and what a beautiful beach it was. We all got a little sunburned except for Ben.

Last night Jim and I got traditional Thai massages and that could be habit forming. If my feet aren't too sunburned tonight, we hope to go get foot massages. You can't beat the price, we paid $7 for each of us for an hour plus tip.

Tomorrow we are off to James Bond Island. I know it is the touristy thing to do but what can I say I want to see the beautiful islands. However, if I had known how beautiful it was at the beaches around here I would have skipped James Bond Island and stuck around here. Two more nights here then we are off to Ko Phi Phi for 3 nights before heading back to Bangkok for 2 nights and then to Fairbanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment